Jedi|Sith Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jedi|Sith Order

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Notice for ja+ users with Sith+Jedi customization

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Æther
Jedi Advanced
Jedi Advanced
Æther

Notice for ja+ users with Sith+Jedi customization Empty
PostSubject: Notice for ja+ users with Sith+Jedi customization   Notice for ja+ users with Sith+Jedi customization Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 7:21 am

JA+ client side mod can directly interfere with the custom screens for those with both Jedi and SITH customisation skin packs, for me it took out an entire tab of Jedi customs (this can mean you lose a whole section of either unique heads or robes/legs - the model will still exist but you wont be able to select it because that entire section has disappeared).

Luckily there's a simple fix, go to your Game Data folder and open up the japlus file. Open the clientPlugin_v*.pk3 (v1.4b4 for me) with WinRAR and double click on 'models'. In the models folder there's a subfolder called 'player' that contains a buggy custom skin, this is the useless tab that directly overrides one of the customisation screens, simply delete the 'player' folder inside 'models' to get some of your customisation back Smile don't worry, this won't have any negative repercussions in game and online I have already tested this.

Hopefully I was clear enough, if you have any questions ask away and I'll do my best to help Smile oh, and I believe those with JA++ and JA unlimited won't have this problem.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xjstormheart
Enomiss
Emperor
Emperor
Enomiss

PostSubject: Re: Notice for ja+ users with Sith+Jedi customization   Notice for ja+ users with Sith+Jedi customization Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 1:20 pm

Thank you for the information and help AEther! Another alternative is to simply place the .pk3 customization of skins/models you ARE NOT going to use on desktop (Jedi or Sith customization) then go ingame with ONLY the customization you want to use yourself, setup your model/skin to your liking and then in console type /model and write down the "code" for that model/skin on a peice of paper or in notepad. Then you can place both customizations back into your base folder and then in game when you want a specific model/skin set, just type /model < code >
Back to top Go down
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/Jhera
rootCompute
Council Leader
Council Leader
rootCompute

PostSubject: Re: Notice for ja+ users with Sith+Jedi customization   Notice for ja+ users with Sith+Jedi customization Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 2:11 pm

This is really helpful, thanks a million Aether/Eno.
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/jmrife92
Æther
Jedi Advanced
Jedi Advanced
Æther

PostSubject: Re: Notice for ja+ users with Sith+Jedi customization   Notice for ja+ users with Sith+Jedi customization Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2015 6:46 pm

The sad fact is that if you want to see all the possible skins others may be using with Jedi and SITH customisation, you will have some or a large amount of custom screens cut off from you.

If there's a specific model you want that doesn't appear in the customise screen, or you want to look at all the custom skins the packs have to offer, you have to figure out how to type the model code in the console in-game (to check type /model) - from this point its a good idea to go to your video settings while on server and set full-screen to OFF to enter windowed mode.

For example, I changed my model recently to
/model jedi_spanki3b|torso_b2|lower_b1

but I had to open up JCP_fixed.pk3, navigate through models > players and look through the jedi_spanki3b folder at all the icon files to understand which body parts to choose (since the parts don't appear in my game menu) - Sith users will have to make a similar approach when looking through SITH_Customization.pk3, just make sure not to move/rename anything Smile
Back to top Go down
http://steamcommunity.com/id/xjstormheart
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Notice for ja+ users with Sith+Jedi customization   Notice for ja+ users with Sith+Jedi customization Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Notice for ja+ users with Sith+Jedi customization
Page 1 of 1